The Pathfinder projects are developing shareable models of good practice in order to find out what works best in implementing OA in a variety of institutions across the sector.
All OA Good Practice Pathfinder outputs can be found below and in order to improve discovery and preservation, they are being deposited in Jorum, the UK’s largest repository of Open Educational Resources.
Finalised OA Good Practice Pathfinder Outputs by Theme
- Policy and Baselining (this relates to understanding the progress made across the institution in terms of OA implementation at strategic and practical level)
- Cost Management (this relates to the approaches projects have taken to managing costs related to the management of OA implementation)
- Advocacy (this relates to how OA implementation is being communicating/ advocating across the institution, but mainly to its researchers)
- Structural Workflows (these are processes/ workflows/ lifecycles related to the implementation of OA across the institution)
- Metadata and systems (this relates to how projects have been defining and creating specifications for improved metadata management)
OA Good Practice quarterly updates
These updates synthesize and share our OA Good Practice Pathfinder projects’ progress, outputs and lessons learnt plus any practical tools and reports in order to discover what’s working well for institutions in a real world environment of open access (OA) implementation.