The End-to-End project from the universities of Glasgow, Lancaster, Southampton and Kent have been busy over the past couple of months. Some highlights include:
- They have extracted article processing data direct from their system (EPrints) and submitted this to the Jisc APC analysis.
- The CASRAI UK initial webinar has taken place and plans are being made for initial working groups – which they hope will include further work on open access definitions.
- The Research Excellence Framework Open Access plug-in for EPrints has been tested and delivery of the full version is anticipated before the end of January.
- They continue to explore options to improve their service. They are trying to process all fully open access costs expediently but there are a number of issues associated with this and they will liaise with other Pathfinder projects on this topic.
- They are continuing to improve their open access reports to schools and colleges. The current version gives a chart of % full text articles and conference proceedings and lists those articles with no full text on the repository. They plan to add REF exemption information once that is available and dates of when the full text was accepted, as well looking at REF eligible staff who might be at risk of non-compliance. As usual revised code will be shared with the EPrints community – but do let them know if you want some information or code now.